What about me?
Eleven days to go until Bonny’s babies are due and counting…
Whilst sympathy is in Bonny’s court at the moment I would just like to remind people that I am here too. For goodness sake, Bonny just has to waddle across the room and they give her a round of applause! Don’t my humans know that without my actions Bonny wouldn’t be in the family way? And I have responsibilities too. Here is my list:
- Ignore the fact that Bonny is fat and pretend I still like her.
- Try not to steal the food she leaves in her bowl (for later) because the babies are making her feel full.
- Understand that she is bad-tempered when I can’t resist temptation and eat her food any way.
- Be patient on walks as we have to stop and wait for Bonny to catch up.
- Give her a good clean in the places she can’t reach any more.
- Look the other way when Bonny can’t heave herself up the step from the garden to the kitchen (she has fitted a ramp now).
- Be patient. There are two more weeks of this drama to go and all family entertainment (running after balls, chewing shoes, keeping mum company when she works in the garden and so on) are left to me as all Bonny does is sleep.
There. It is off my chest now, talking of which, have you seen the size of Bonny’s bloopers? Chapel hat pegs, all eight of them!