No Ring Needed
When she (Bonny) frist came to live with me and my mum, I did not really like her. Maybe it was the way she gave me “the grin of death” on arrival, or the fact that “playing with a toy” (mine) meant destroying it. So initially, I put-up-and-shut-up and hoped she would go home, you know, back to her home (this was MINE).
Bonny has been with me a year now and I realised recently, I have grown to love her. Here is why:
- Safety: Bonny usually distracts potentially dangerous (bigger) dogs we cncounter by barking at them – thus drawing its predatory attention from me.
- Trouble: Bonny always gets blamed for destructive events (emptying bin over carpet, eating post etc) thus letting me get away with it on rare occasion it me what-dun-it.
- Fun: Bonny plays the best game of Ambush/Bitey Face EVER and I loves it.
- Discipline: Bonny now on chain of shame too (he he he)
- Love: She always checks I am ok – several times a day.
- Company: She cries when mum goes out and joins with good howling session – why we even in harmony now!
So that is it. That is why it has suddenly crept up on me, that nowadays I really feel settled with my girl. No ring is required for this kinda love. She’s mine, and I am her’s.
Waggles and Swaggles