Walking Three Scotties
We had a peaceful walk today- just us! Our hoomin took the “Cycle Track Route” which is uppy and downy with a patch of scrub in the middle (always worthy of investigation). Then we cut across the football field and did some running.
Here are some things you may or may not know about Scotties walking but first, a slide show of todays walk:
1. Scotties, like most dogs like walking in front of their hoomin (unless she Bonny – she always someway behind)
2. Scotties are loyal little souls and can be left off-lead once they mature enough to return on recall.
3. An Ambush can happen at any time – so we always ready – unless we are the assailant.
4. We don’t like it if we cannot see our hoomin.
5. We don’t like it if she keeps us on a lead, but sometimes she has to ‘cos I don’t like entire boy dogs (any breed) and Bonny does not like ANY dog. Lucy, on the other hand is quite friendly.
6. A Scottie knows exactly when it is time for walk.
7. Never underestimate a Scottie, they can run like a whippet when they want to.
8. ‘Chase’ and ‘Bitey Face’ are favourite games.
9. We like walks whatever the weather, we do not need coats, bootees or other paraphinalia, we are Scots!
10. If you read somewhere that a Scottie only needs a ten minute walk twice a day, do not be fooled. A healthy Scottie needs two walks of up to an hour. Otherwise, we do damage (chair legs, rugs, slippers, leather sofas being most common ‘revenge for not walking activities’)
So there we have it. Ten things about walking Scotties.
Hope you have a lovely Thursday.